We’ve come a long way since our start we used to have two to three full time employees, we now have seven! We used to share an office space, now we have our own office with a beautiful view. We went from owning a few acres of land with a vision, to owning over 200 acres of buildable land and 18 buildings offering over 600,000 SF of leasable industrial space.
It was a simpler time, but for the founding members of TDC, it was time to get to work.
In honor of our 60th Anniversary we’re exploring what life was like in 1961 and taking a look at how our local landscape has changed since then.
The Andy Griffith Show
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
West Side Story
Breakfast at Tiffany's
World Series Champions: New York Yankees
NFL Champions: Green Bay Packers
Stanley Cup Champions: Chicago Black Hawks
Lake Champlain Transportation Company (1826)
The Monopole Tavern & Restaurant (1898)
SUNY Plattsburgh, founded in 1889 officially opening 1890
North Country Chamber of Commerce (1912)
Mickey’s Restaurant (1955)
The Plattsburgh facility for Georgia-Pacific Tissue facility, which was acquired from Vanity Fair Paper in 1963.
Clinton Community College, who’s establishment was approved by Governor Nelson Rockefeller, October 14, 1966.
Clinton County Government Center, which was established in 1976.
DELLA Auto Group established by Michael Della Bella in 1983.
Champlain Center North opened July 1, 1987
McSweeney’s Red Hot’s, Inc., which opened their doors June 1, 1991